If you've been considering building a small guest house or even a tiny cabin, then let Sawmill Structures take some of the work out of your hands and give you a kit that is easy to customize! Below you will find the Hillgrand XL SD log cabin kit, a perfect home for anyone to start with as a cabin they can build on their own.
- 108 square foot base
- 73.5 square foot bonus loft
- 10.5' x 9.5' main inside dimentions
- 10.5' x 7.5' loft
- 7' tall loft for standing room
- Basic DIY Kit: $10,999.
- Add on-site assembly for an additional $4,600.
- Add a heat pump system for an additional $2,500.
- This small log cabin kit is designed to be a base for a tiny home, home office, guest home, mother-in-law quarters, or even a fancy "treehouse" for the kids.
- The model has two levels with a sizable loft that includes windows out the front of the home. It has a single door entrance and one window on the front wall.
- The loft space is large enough for a king-sized bed and stands at 7' tall for easy standing room.
Included in DIY Kit
- All pieces cut to size and milled to fit together easily.
- Premium double tongue and groove InterStack Log™ wall system with integrated CrossLock Corners™
- Tongue and groove flooring boards
- Tongue and groove ceiling boards
- InterStack Log™ Roof Beams
- Windows with screens
- Door lock set
- Interior and exterior trim
Not Included in DIY Kit
- Roof covering material such as shingles or steel.
- Foundation base.
- Heating and cooling system
The entire structure is built with gorgeous English European pine. All custom cut and connected to make assembly easy for anyone new to the DIY building arena.
This kit can be assembled within 12 hours with two people and minimal additional tools are needed.
A basic ladder is included to reach the loft space, but you can customize and build or install a staircase if you prefer. The space is large and open so adding your own unique additions is simple.
The loft can easily fit a king-sized bed on a frame, a few tables, a chair, or even a chest of drawers to create a bedroom. It can also be used for lofted storage, a kids play area, or a reading nook.
Use the space for a "she-shed" or a "man-cave" for an affordable base price and add your own unique style within. While it is treated lumber, you can stain it, paint it, or add paneling inside to cover with wallpaper if you are so inclined.
Quality is the key to the success of Sawmill Structures, and that is included not just in the basic home but also in things like their window and door locking kits. You are truly given everything needed to have a secure space in less than 1 day of work on your part.
This home has one main room window plus a loft window and a door with window panes. You could add additional windows after building if you prefer, but with the light color of the wood and location of the windows, there is plenty of light coming in already.
Turn this unique DIY log home kit into your dream shed, home, or oasis from the world!
If you are interested in buying your own Hillgrand XL log cabin kit, check out the Sawmill Structures website for more information. You can also find them on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube with more day-to-day sharing of their latest projects. Make sure that you tell them Log Cabin Connection sent you their way.
I am looking for a very small home for a couple who has lived in a trailer so bad it should be in a scrap hard. No floors in areas and or window. I am trying to find companies that might help these two young people before the winter hits hard. It would be amazing avertizing for your company for charity that could be tax deductible. I hope you have it in your to help.
kathleen janet green
is this insulated for colder climate. is there a bathroom and running water or can it be hooked up to the main house ? same goes for hydro.
did you not read the entire page at all? every thing you ask is answered in the entire post..it is a open floor plan, you buy the insulation or have it insulated, you provide the heat source and you have it wired and ..